Tuesday 10 April 2007

Moving Home

...testing a new server

The box behind my server, is getting busier and busier, so I've rented a VPS/VDS from JVDS

So far so good - it is a FreeBSD 4.11 Jail - 4.11 is getting a bit long in the tooth - I don't really have the server space to have a proper ports tree going - and getting the right binary packages is proving troublesome...

setting the PACKAGESITE to this helps:

setenv PACKAGESITE ftp://ftp1.am.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4.11-release/Latest/

as the standard php4 package doesn't the mod_php - which pretty much makes it impossible to make a binary only 4.11 FAMP setup.


[edit]

I passed on my comments to JVDS, and guess what? They do FreeBSD 6.1 too, great! So in about 30 minutes I achieved what I failed to achieve in 24 hours with 4.11...