Monday 29 January 2007

Artistic Video Manipulation


While looking around at 'slit' cameras, for panoramic uses I found an amazing collection of 'slit' camera art. I think a more creative side to my PhD is emerging. Feeding more from early cinematography, and the vocabulary you have to leave behind when shooting with a fisheye. But also embracing a more creative approach to visualisation. Like the following:


These guys have made a beautiful application for interactively navigating different sections of a timelapse.



This chap has created a camera from a image scanner, that seems to be producing equi-rectangular images natively. These are in the 100s of mega pixel range, they'd make perfect textures for my panorama viewing app...

He had a lens with 140º FOV - so in theory a 16mm Zenitar would do the trick (corner to corner). I read about Clifford Ross and his 'bad ass' 360º camera - I had to write to him when I read that there was no way to display his footage yet...