Monday 27 March 2006

Vertex Shaders

hmmmm....

I've been playing with OpenGL vertex shaders recently. Trying to get a more efficient method for real-time dome correction.

This is the clue I was given...care of Mike Bailey:

http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~mjb/WebMjb/Projects/dome.pdf


I have this running in Apple's OpenGL Shader Builder...sort of. It definately deforms my shapes, but I'm not sure if they're dome-corrected yet.

I have also using this with OpenSceneGraph. We have a model of the campus that has been saved from 3D Studio Max via an OSG export. This is then loaded into an OSG app I've created which loads the vertex shader:


Picture 3


There are issues with texture mapping and culling, but it's a start...This is an image of our dome, with a tree behind it, they're not flames.